Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Taking a stroll to WholeFoods

Taking a stroll to WholeFoods


If you know me well, you know that I'm an extreme lover of edamames. Its a shame really. I can literally eat a whole bag in one sitting.

I'm not a health freak but I prefer organic soybeans that are lightly salted over a bag of lays chips.

In the case you are a health freak you know Whole Foods is the best grocery store to go to.
Whole Foods = Whole Check $$$ 

The customer service is excellent and they sell the rarest organic products.

Recently I tried their Everyday Coconut Super Hydrating Body Wash and personally I love it. I also tried a few of there hair care products unfortunately my hair needs more moisture than what the Everyday shampoo and conditioner provides me with.

The only things I purchase from Whole Foods on a regular is 4 bags of edamames, bottle of Orangina, a wedge of parmesan cheese, a box of whole wheat bow ties (favorite pasta),  fresh fruits (depending on whats in season), and freshly caught shrimp (didn't know florida actually had shrimp).

My grocery list tends to stay the same but it depends on if I'm in an adventurous mood and feel like trying something new.


After taking a nutrition class over the fall semester I realized to truly be healthy you have to watch the types of foods you put in your body.


Notice what certain meats do to your body.  ->

I started off being vegan for 2 weeks back in my freshman year of HS (2006). Realized that wasn't for me immediately became a vegetarian for 5.5 months but after that it didn't work out either. I really missed the taste of meat and it didn't help that my family members decided to cook ALL my favorites while I was on this veggie journey. I wasn't quite ready to become a full meat eater so I  converted to pescatarianism for about 2 and a half years. I fell in love with the taste of seafood and how light it was on my stomach yet it still made me feel satisfied. 

Fish are a lean and healthy source of protein. Certain fish contain omega -3 fats which helps your heart and brain stay healthy.

Know your fish.

Educate yourself on where your fish comes from and how it was caught. This will help you figure out the healthy fish from the not so healthy fish. 

For example, wild caught Alaskan Salmon, albacore tuna and Pacific ocean Sardines are good for you.

On the other hand fish like American Eel (high levels of mercury), King crab (high mercury levels) and Grouper (high levels of mercury) aren't good for you.

Most of the bottom eating seafood and the ground walking creatures tend to have high levels of mercury.

Personally I'd like to blame the mid-ocean ridge but if you really think about it….


 The ocean is huge and roughly takes up 70% of this earth. Some of the fish are bond to be contaminated with something. 


Remember that oil spill and how it affect the seafood. & Lets not forget about the nuclear reactor that blow up in Japan after there earthquake. All of this effects your seafood especially when they just soak in all the mess all day.


Joke of the day

"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and I realize, Oh my God. I could be eating a slow learner." 
-Lynda Montgomery  


Items from today's post can be viewed below. :)


River Island stretch leather pants
$200 - riverisland.com



Isabel marant trainers
forwardforward.com



LAUREN MOSHI oversized tote
$330 - spoiledbrat.co.uk



Punk rock jewelry
amazon.com



Adjustable ring
modcloth.com



Evil eye earrings
2020ave.com



Black beanie hat
$105 - black.co.uk






♥ Jamoore


No comments:

Post a Comment