Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ArtCrazy: D.I.Y. Jewelry Making

A few days ago my cousin did some spring cleaning in her closet. She invited my mom and I to pretty much ransack the unwanted items. After finding some broken belts I thought I could turn them into a necklace. 


You will need: 

 screw driver
 scissors 
 pliers
broken belt
(or the material of your choice for the necklace) 
& music

Watching videos off Beyonce new album.

S/N I was too excited to start the DIY that I forgot to take a picture of the broken silver belt. 



I had a pair of earrings that I never wore so I took off those fish hook earring wires and used it on these pieces.


As you can see the broken pieces of the belt were turned into earrings. 
To soften the rough edge I just used a large metal nail file. 
























This beaded belt was cute but was not my style. I love the gold chain and wanted that to stand out a bit. I removed that gold piece that was between the chain and the beaded side. So after finding the perfect length I removed the extra links (6 pieces) with the pliers. Then all I needed to add was a lobster claw clasp and I had a necklace. 
























With 2 of the left over gold links I shaped it into a French ear wire for the black earrings and filed down the rough edges and cleaned it with alcohol. For my ears, that are about a 10 gauge size, worked well because my earlobes were previously gaged.  


This was my first time making jewelry and I'm definitely going to do it again the proper way. Spontaneous creativity at it's best . :)


♥ Jamoore


No comments:

Post a Comment