Thursday, May 15, 2014

Infused Detox Water


Hey lovelies,

A few weeks ago I tried my first infused detox water. I used Voss sparkling water and added strawberries it wasn't to fancy. But it taste better than plain spring water. I saw a picture on instagram @detoxwater recently that had a variety of fruits mixed in the water so that got me inspired to make my own.



Things you will need:
1 gallon of  room temperature water
3 containers ( I reused 2 Voss bottles and a mason jar)
6 strawberries ( enough for 2 containers)
1/2 cup of grapes
1/3 cup of blueberries
1 orange
1 1/2 lemons ( enough for 2 containers)
2 kiwis (1 for snack) 
Cutting board
Knife

For additional flavor add your favorite tea bag.
I was going to use a grapefruit but I omitted it once my mom said not to touch it.

1. Strawberry, Lemon and Green tea 


Start off by rinsing your ingredients.
Remember to inspect your fruits and cut off any imperfections. 


(The strawberry in the middle looks like a heart. <3)

Time to chop up the lemons and strawberries.

Chop up enough lemons and strawberries that you will be able to use it for 2 drinks.

This container is a bit small so use half of a lemon and 3 of the smaller strawberries.


Don't forget to brew your tea. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Let the green tea bag seep for 3 to 5 mintues. ( I forgot to take a picture) Sorry.

 Add all that to your Voss bottle and fini.
This Voss bottle without the fruits takes about 1 and 1/2 cups to fill. 


2. Orange and lemon


The Voss bottle I'm using in this picture is 28.7 fl oz. 
It's much bigger then the last one. It takes about 3.5 cups of water with the citrus fruits inside.

Remember those lemons I told you to save well your going to use it now. 
You will need 1 whole lemon minus the tail ends. 


Cut up 1 orange.
As you can see I already started to add the citrus fruits into my bottle.
I saved that bit you see on the cutting board as a snack.

S/N Make sure to use equal parts of the fruit your using especially if your mixing in lemons.

Lemons have a strong acidic flavor to them so be generous with the amount of oranges you use.

Now all you need to add is some spring water. 
Wait about 24 - 48 hours so the water becomes infused.

This is a great refreshing beverage.
If you want to be fancy use sparkling water instead.

S/N I notice the citrus water lasted longer then the strawberry & lemon water. 

3. Berry me up!


For this recipe I recommend using a mason jar.
(It holds more fruit and it actually last a bit longer)

Chop up all your berries.
(I forgot to take a pic of the kiwi)

Don't forget to grab the rest of your strawberries.


Rinse out the grapes and blueberries


Start brewing your tea of choice.
I used Yogi Skin Detox tea. 
This tea needs to seep for 4 -6 minutes.
(That's enough time to clean up)
I just popped some fruits to the tea, this step isn't necessary.



Toss all your ingredients into your jar.

VoilĂ , c'est fini!

Let this concoction stay in the fridge for the full 48 hours.
The grapes and blueberries will soak up all the flavor in the jar. 
That's definitely going to be a great snack for later.

Tips

Lemons:
 - Great for weight loss
- Helps fight infections
- Lemons citric acid helps treat acne

Kiwi:
- Cleans out toxins
-  rich in antioxidants
- helps with digestion (great source of fiber)
- high levels of potassium (more than a banana)
- high in Vitamin C can boost your immune system

Orange:
- helps prevent cancer
- lowers cholesterol 
- relieves constipation 
- helps create good vision ( better than a carrot)
- protects your skin from aging 

Grapes:
- helps protect brain health
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- protects your body from radiation

Blueberries:
- helps burn stored fat
- increases the production of dopamine
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- Super Fruit!!

Strawberries:
- rich in antioxidants
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- diminishes under eye puffiness
- helps burn stored fat
- helps boost short term memory
- can be used to lighten skin
- whitens teeth


Love, 

Jamoore

1 comment:

  1. I love how you incooperated tea with the fruit, I love tea and have never thought about doing that! Love your blog btw

    ReplyDelete