Sunday, February 16, 2014

Behind the Music: Look at y'all lookin' at my post

Nicki Minaj dropped this song a few days ago with this cover art.


After a lot of controversy on Nicki's cover artwork choice she removed it off her instagram and site. She posted this picture below on her Instagram with her apology in the description.



"What seems to be the issue now? Do you have a problem with me referring to the people Malcolm X was ready to pull his gun out on as Lookin Ass Niggaz? Well, I apologize. That was never the official artwork nor is this an official single. This is a conversation. Not a single. I am in the video shooting at Lookin Ass Niggaz and there happened to be an iconic photo of Malcolm X ready to do the same thing for what he believed in!!!! It is in no way to undermine his efforts and legacy. I apologize to the Malcolm X estate if the meaning of the photo was misconstrued. The word "nigga" causes so much debate in our community while the "nigga" behavior gets praised and worship. Let's not. Apologies again to his family. I have nothing but respect an adoration for u. The photo was removed hours ago. Thank you"

 - Nicki Minaj

Rolling Stones wrote "In an interview on Hot 97, Minaj explained why she had seen the image as a good fit for a song intended to empower women. "It was almost parallel in my opinion because he has this big gun ready to shoot at a lookin' (expletive) bleep, and that's how I looked at it," she said, according to the AP. "I looked at it this is one of the most memorable people in our history, in black history, who voiced his opinion no matter what, and I understand how my intent was overlooked and I definitely didn't want to offend his family or his legacy."

Personally I don't agree with her choice but I can see why she chose it. I realize a lot of people have taken her cover artwork as a sign of disrespect especially because it is Black History month. 


I'm not a die hard Nicki fan but I like when artist speak the truth of our culture.

Most men degrade woman in their songs and videos calling us every name in the book.  


After looking over the lyrics I find she is a female rapper pointing out the truths of most men and how our culture praises the "nigga behavior" as Nicki puts it.

With lines like "Can't get a job so you plottin' how to rob ass niggas…"

In this song she refers to broke, lying, fake, thirsty, lame, and non-man(not having balls) ass niggas.

 If this is the feel for her new studio album, The Pink Print, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Check out her single below.


Thank you Miss Minaj for posting this lovely outfit on your instagram with the description. (That jacket and Bodysuit is now on my wish list.)





Jacket by @moschino belt by @balmainparis boot by@louboutinworld Gold Medallion by @versace_officialand Haas Brothers - bracelet by @celinebags rings by@robertocavalli and La Ruicci BodySuit by Luxe & Le'Bra - additional jewelry by M&J Savitt

Now check out the male responses
Cassidy - Lookin Ass Bitches

In Cassidy version he references to broke bitches, fake bitches, thristy bitches, stank bitches, robbing ass bitches, stripper bitches, photoshop bitches, bus stop bitches, pregnant bitches, and bitch-ass bitches.
With lines like "For the child support keep gettin' pregnant ass bitches…" 
& "A fuck in the club bathroom to get a bottle ass bitches…" 
"Red bottoms on, livin' in the projects bitches…"
& "Liking all my pictures to get a follow ass bitches…"
& "Cause I got 99 problems and a looking ass bitch one of 'em. I'm done with 'em."
Uhh Trigger so sexy…
Trey songz - Look at Y'all



"Who raised these types of bitches? Man I hate these kind of bitches. And if you a good girl, don't be trippin' I ain't talking' bout you I'm talking' bout these bitches."



I hate that I had to be so vulgar but comment below on your thoughts of today's post.


Love,

Jamoore

No comments:

Post a Comment