Thursday, October 23, 2014

LJM Diary: Trees with no leaves

You see there was a tree,
A tree with not one leaf.
It seems
the leaves weren't meant to be
alive
to thrive
because they had all
died.

You see the tree,
the tree had once been
Prolific.
Vigorous.
The branches
stretched out so wide.
The leaves
hanging softly by its side.

You see the tree,
the tree goes thru
this all the time
some times its droopy, and
some times its bubbly
as can be.

You see
it just depends
what the day brings.
Some days are sunny
some are wet,
some are freezing cold,
&
some are breezy as heck.

What ever the day brings
it seems
the tree just
inhales it all
then exhales
until the sun falls
falls asleep.
Inhale.
Exhale.
Letting go of everything.

Some days I admire the tree.
You see
the tree
Was like me, and
I'm like the tree.
Some days I'm up;
other days I'm down.
Some days i'm happy;
other days I frown.
At one point or another
I seemed to loss my leaves
baring just me.
The days go by before I exhale
but once I do
I'm back to the old me.
Reinvigorated.
Rejuvenated.
Producing new leaves
there may only be a few now
but watch...
I'll be full again.
Glowing.
Beaming.
Bright again.
Like the tree
I'll take it all
in.
Inhale.
Inhale.
Inhale.
Inhale.
Inhale.
Inhale.


Exhale.



Finally,

I
can
breathe.


Love,

Jamoore

No comments:

Post a Comment